Nutrition tip of the Week – Fiber Benefits
Let’s talk fiber! Including fiber in your diet will help to satisfy your hunger and curb those cravings. Adding fiber to your daily diet is so simple! Start by substituting fruits, vegetables and whole grains into your daily meal plan. These Fiber-rich foods are high in volume and help to keep your stomach in check!
Benefits of a high-fiber diet
- Normalizes bowel movements
- Helps maintain bowel health
- Lowers cholesterol levels
- Helps control blood sugar levels
- Aids in achieving healthy weight
With all the benefits that come along with fiber, why wait to start adding more into your diet? We have are excited to share this fiber rich smoothie, that is guaranteed to get your day off right. It’s packed with 10 grams of fiber and 27 grams of protein, which helps to keep you satisfied all morning!
- 1 1/2 cups frozen strawberries (about 12)
- 2 tablespoons rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla soy milk
- 1/2 serving vanilla protein powder (we offer a great one here! )
- 5 raw almonds
- 1 date
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and mix until smooth.