Monday Morning Fit Tip:
JUST SAY “NO”
TO KNEE PAIN!
While a doctor should diagnose the cause of severe knee pain, there are a few small changes that you can make to your workout to help prevent or reduce knee injury!
Try a modified lunge. If lunges bother your knees, try a modified lunge with a smaller range of motion. Use modified lunges with good form – and over time you might be able to transition back to regular lunges without pain!
Strengthen Your Hips. According to recent research findings, weak hips are the biggest predictor of knee pain! What can you do? Try these 3 moves to strengthen your hips
Awesome! Keep them that way!
1. Don’t ignore or exercise through pain.
2. Never overdo unfamiliar activities.
3. While walking, don’t exaggerate your stride, overarch your back or lock your knees as you extend.
4. On the elliptical, exercise bike or stair climber, never straighten your legs completely.
5. Don’t forget that overall stability, core strength and proper posture are key.
Read more! Click here for 10 knee-friendly lower body exercises.