Monday Morning Fit Tip:
BUSY? DO A QUICK & INTENSE WORKOUT!
You’ll need to maintain high intensity and high energy during your quick workout in order to burn more calories than you would with a longer session. *Beginners should start slowly and perfect their form before increasing intensity.
5 HIGH-INTENSITY WORKOUT TIPS:
- Try a group workout. You get the benefit of experienced instructor or trainer checking your form and helping motivate you!
- Multi-task. Choose exercises that use many muscle groups all at once (such as pushups, pull-ups, lunges with curls, and burpees).
- Intervals are your friend – instead of jogging steadily for 30 minutes, try walking 1 minute, then running the next. Really push yourself during your run!
- Set a time limit. Raising the intensity of your workout is a challenge, but if you commit to a short time limit such as 15 minutes, you’ll be much more likely to finish.
- Go fast and furious 2-3 times/week. Try alternating high-intensity workout days with low-intensity ones. Give your body rest and allow it to recover properly, and you’ll be training like a pro!
Find great high-intensity workouts on our Pinterest page!