Monday Morning Fit Tip:
Pop is not just a waste of calories. Many people want to cut back on soda to limit their consumption of artificial sweeteners, caffeine, or to save money. Does this sound like you? Then keep reading!
- Scale back slowly. If you’re used to drinking pop all day long, take this slowly! Try alternating pop and water, or drinking water with your meals.
- Soda Schedule. You are more likely to reach a goal if you write it down. You could make it a goal to cut out 1 carbonated drink a day for the 1st week, 2 each day for the 2nd week, etc. Meeting your short-term goals will help you keep going!
- Tasty Alternatives. Does water seem bland? Try adding a splash of juice or frozen fruit. There are many tasty and nutritious combinations! And the better it tastes, the more likely you are to continue drinking it!
- Have it Handy. Keep your water nearby at all times so you can sip away without temptation! Take a water bottle to work, in the car while running errands, or to class with you!
- No Soda Policy. Start small, and see big changes! Make a No Soda Policy. Maybe you’ll ban it from your home; if it’s not there, you can’t drink it! If walking to the vending machine on your work break has become a habit, maybe you’ll want to make a No Soda at Work policy instead.
- Spread the Word! Tell your friends and family about your plan. Better yet, invite them to join you! If they don’t get on board, enlist a fellow Victory member or trainer to check in on you!
Do you have tips for cutting back on carbonated drinks? Please share below:
What do you think? Join in the Conversation!