Monday Morning Fit Tip:
ADD A SALAD TO YOUR NEXT MEAL, OR MAKE YOUR MEAL A SALAD
Veggies are essential for a healthy diet and body! Vegetables (especially green ones):
- are loaded with nutrients
- provide our bodies with complex carbohydrates which digest slowly and don’t spike blood sugar levels
- contain fiber which aids in digestion, regulates waste removal, and helps the body detox itself
Healthy eaters continuously look for new ways to add veggies to their diet, especially the green ones! Try adding a salad to your next meal, or make your meal a salad. Try some of the healthy and yummy combos below, or check out our Pinterest recipe page for more ideas!
- Click here for more tips on sneaking veggies into your diet.
- Mix It Up: Try a different salad base: romaine lettuce, baby spinach, arugula or another green veggie!
Dress It Up: Use salad dressing wisely – you don’t want to top your nutritious salad with extra preservatives, chemicals and fat! If you need to use dressing, make your own, or at least read the label and make sure that you can pronounce all of the ingredients!
- To sneak even more greens into your diet, try a green smoothie!