DON’T BE SCARED,
5 QUICK TIPS FOR A HEALTHY HALLOWEEN
Whether you’re sitting and passing out candy, or walking around with little ones to collect it, you’re probably going to be tempted by those sugary treats! Here are some tips to help you enjoy Trick-or-Treat while not ruining all your hard work at the gym:
1. Resist the Sales. Don’t fall for coupons or BOGO deals. A 5-pound bag of candy on sale is still a 5-pound bag of candy.
2. Buy late. The closer to Halloween you buy the candy, the better. And once you bring it home, don’t even rip open the bag until the first trick-or-treater comes. That way, you’ll have less total temptation time to cope with.
3. Choose candy you don’t like. Hate coconut? Load up on Mounds and Almond Joy. You get the idea.
4. Devise a game plan. Start giving out more candy to each costumed kid as the night wears on, so there’s less left over. If there are still remainders, get them out of the house. Give the candy away to a food charity, collect it all and offer it to the neighbors, or bring it to work (and drop it off in a different department!).
5. Go out on a full stomach. If you have to walk your kids around to trick-or-treat, eat dinner before starting so you’re not walking around hungry with bags full of candy. Carry a thermos of something hot to sip on, or chew mint gum throughout the night. It’ll help kill your urge to put candy in your mouth.
Receive our monthly newsletter, coupons, fitness tips, and special offers by email…
Tips from Weight Watchers. Image courtesy of Gualberto107 / FreeDigitalPhotos.net