Monday Morning Fit Tip:
PLAN AHEAD FOR
THIS HOLIDAY SEASON
The holidays can be joyful and fun, but they can also be stressful; that’s why it is so important to relax and take good care of ourselves. Enjoy the tips below for increased energy and decreased stress this holiday season!
- Take time for yourself. Although spending time with family and friends is fun, you also need at least 5 minutes a day to relax by yourself.
- Set realistic goals. Feeling busy? Aim to exercise just 30 minutes that day. You will happy because you squeezed a workout in, and still have to time for your holiday to-do list!
- Invite a friend to exercise with you. Walking and talking can be a great way to burn extra calories and reduce your stress level!
- Create new, more active traditions. Instead of a dinner party, try ice-skating, skiing, or sledding together! You could even go outside and make a snowman.
- Drink plenty of water; it helps counter the dehydrating effects of travel and alcohol, and may also help satiate your appetite.
- Don’t aim for perfection. There is no such thing as the “perfect party,” so you’d just be setting yourself up to fail. Embrace the imperfections, they often lead to the fondest memories!
- Laugh! Laughing is a great tension reliever. It burns calories, reduces stress and usually means that you’re enjoying yourself!
Receive the Monday Morning Fit Tips by email…
Sign up for our Email Newsletter
Image source unknown.
What do you think? Join in the Conversation!