Monday Morning Fit Tip:
7 HABITS OF HIGHLY FIT PEOPLE
- Live by the 90/10 Rule: Maintain your healthy habits 90% of the time and allow yourself to indulge 10% of the time.
- Try to work out every day, and never miss 2 days in a row. Some days you’ll be busy, sick, or just not able to exercise. That’s ok, get back on track the next day!
- Plan ahead. If you love sweets, but not what they do to your waistline, keep a healthier version stashed in the house (for example, Greek Yogurt with fresh berries instead of ice cream).
- Monitor Your Progress. Nothing motivates like success! Determine how you’ll track it – you could keep a journal or ask a trainer to measure you each month.
- Cross-train. Train for overall health (including cardio, strength and flexibility) instead of doing the same exact workout every day.
- Be Prepared. It takes planning, but travel with healthy snacks and always have water on hand. Prep your week’s food on Sunday, and plan your workouts so that they’re already part of your schedule and you won’t be tempted to skip a day.
- Check your Attitude. Here are some tips for staying positive!