TO IMPROVE HOW YOU LOOK & FEEL,
EAT YOUR DAILY SERVINGS OF VEGETABLES EVERY DAY
Why Veggies? Eating a diet rich in vegetables and fruits can lower your risk of certain types of cancers, heart disease, obesity and diabetes! Vegetables are also a great source of the vitamins, minerals and fiber needed for optimum health.
Tips & Tricks to Reach Your Goal:
- As soon as you return home from the grocery, wash, chop and portion out the vegetables for easy eating.
- Veggies are great on the go! While running errands in the car, keep your favorite vegetables in the passenger seat. When you get hungry, you’ll be less likely to duck into the nearest drive-thru.
- Drink ’em! Green smoothies are very popular right now, and for good reason! They are packed with nutrients and energy-boosting ingredients, they help you get at least one serving of vegetables, and they taste great! Find smoothie recipes on our Pinterest page!
- Add vegetables and spices to your favorite dishes to increase the flavor without adding fat.
- Veggies instead of the vending machine! Keep vegetables near your desk at work, and munch on those to keep hunger pangs at bay between meals.
- Spice up your salad: load it up with crunchy, sweet, spicy and tangy veggies for lots of flavor – and nutrients!
- Do you dislike measuring food and counting calories? Then aim for 1/2 your plate to be covered in fruits & vegetables at each meal.
From the Dr. Oz Show, try this “Berry Strong Smoothie:” Combine 1 cup of spinach, 1 1/2 cups of frozen blueberries, 1/2 cup frozen raspberries, 1 cup of orange juice and ice. Blend until smooth. Serves 2.
What do you think? Join in the Conversation!