PRACTICING YOGA MAY BE JUST AS GOOD FOR YOUR HEART AS RUNNING OR SWIMMING!
- Yoga helps develop strength, balance, and flexibility
- Yoga can help Reduce Stress
- Have a hard time slowing down? Try a PiYo class, a fast-paced fusion of Pilates/Yoga with all the same benefits
BENEFITS OF DOWNWARD DOG:
- Downward dog is an inversion pose, meaning you have your head below your heart. Inversion poses reverse the effect of gravity on the upper body, and increase blood flow to the brain.
- Inversions such as Downward Dog reduce pressure on the heart, improve brain function, and reduce anxiety & depression.
- This pose strengthens bones to help prevent osteoporosis
- Downward Dog lengthens & straightens the spine, which could help to relieve back pain
*Do you have Glaucoma? Click here for more information before practicing inversions.
TRY ADDING DOWNWARD DOG TO YOUR STRETCHES TODAY!