Monday Morning Fit Tip:
AVOID THESE COMMON MISTAKES
No one expects you to be perfect during class, but the mistakes below could result in a less-effective workout or even injury:
1. Not Paying Attention: As you push yourself, also stay aware of the instructor (giving safety cues) and other members (so you don’t accidentally kick them!)
2. Rushing Through the Moves: 60 seconds is going to take 60 seconds, no matter how quickly you do those burpees! Focus on proper form first, then speed up the reps.
3. Not Using Modifications: Only you know what feels right for your body today. Ask for options if you need them!
4. Playing It Too Safe: Is it time for heavier weights or “bonus” moves? Challenge yourself!
5. Not Eating Right: You need energy to jump high, lift heavy, and run fast. Be sure to eat right and hydrate!
6. Skipping the Stretch: Your body needs to stretch for proper recovery!
adapted from Women’s Health
What do you think? Join in the Conversation!