It’s no secret that 2020 has been a year of unforeseen circumstances. Many of us started the new year with a renewed focus on health and fitness. Never could we have anticipated the subsequent gym closures and stay-at-home orders (and quarantine snacking) that occurred soon after New Years resolutions were made to lose weight.
With the twists and turns of 2020, you may feel as though your summer bod isn’t quite on schedule like you had planned! Please know that you’re not alone! We want to help you get back on track by sharing some smaller, more reasonable changes you can make that will help you focus on your health.
If you’re looking for ways to re-focus on your health and fitness, try the following:
- Focus on hydration – Now that we’re in the summer months, staying hydrated is more important than ever! Ideally, each day you should focus on trying to drink between half an ounce to an ounce of water for each pound you weigh. Drinking water helps promote weight loss, flush out toxins, increase energy levels and even improve your skin complexion!
- More movement – Trying upping your daily walking goal! Aim for 12,000 steps vs. the recommended 10,000! With more frequent movement and a less sedimentary lifestyle, you have the potential to lower your BMI and enjoy a smaller waistline.
- Find an accountability buddy – The recent stay-at-home orders and gym closures have undoubtedly changed our routines and flipped our normal schedules upside down. Prior to the Coronavirus outbreak, you may have had physical fitness worked into your daily routine. It can be difficult to get back to regular activity, but having a friend holding you accountable can certainly help! You’re less likely to skip exercise if you’ve made plans to meet a friend for a workout.
- Add more fiber to your diet – Starting a new diet can be a huge adjustment, but adding more fiber to your diet is an easier, less intimidating change you can make to improve your health! Eating adequate fiber can aid in weight loss. Foods that are high in fiber include vegetables, whole fruit, legumes and whole grains.
- Get better sleep! – Sleep deprivation can actually increase your appetite! We’re all experiencing different levels of stress right now, but focusing on getting enough sleep can help set you up for weight loss success.
If you’re looking for additional help in getting back to your fitness routine, consider working with one of our trainers here at Victory Fitness! We’d be happy to help you get back on track and refocus on your health and well being. Click here for more information on our training!