50% OF AMERICANS WILL GAIN WEIGHT THIS HOLIDAY SEASON – BUT NOT YOU!
It’s easy to imagine how this happens… the loaded buffet tables and special treats at parties provide too many temptations. Use these tips to avoid holiday weight gain:
- PLAN AHEAD and eat healthy meals & snacks before a party. You will arrive ready to mingle instead of starving. Try these healthy meal ideas!
- HYDRATE! Carry water with you to sip throughout the day, and drink an entire glass of water 20 minutes before eating. This helps fill your stomach so you can consume smaller portions while still feeling satisfied.
- SLOW DOWN… because it takes about 20 minutes for your brain to signal that your stomach is full. If you eat too quickly you could be eating long past the point where you’re satisfied – and waste calories.
- WALK. Run a 5k in the morning, or invite your favorite relative for an after-dinner stroll to help food digest. Bonus: being outdoors provides mood-boosting Vitamin D which can also help curb cravings.
- FOCUS ON FAMILY & FRIENDS instead of food. Thanksgiving is about being thankful for everything you have, and appreciating the people in your life. Fill your mind with thoughts of gratitude and there won’t be any room left for stressing about food!
What do you think? Join in the Conversation!