Another Monday is here, and while some of us are dragging to get the week started, others are killing the day! No matter if you’re a morning person or not, getting your sweat on at the start of the week has been proven to make the rest of your week more productive. Still need some convincing? Here are some tips on why you should NEVER miss a Monday workout.
1. You’re more likely to work out the rest of the week. Exercising on Mondays can get the ball rolling for your workout routine.
2. You’ll quell anxious thoughts. Studies show that aerobic exercise can lessen general anxiety. Plus, high-intensity exercise has been shown to reduce anxiety sensitivity, or the fear of anxiety that is often a precursor to panic attacks.
3. You’ll kickstart good self-control. Exercise is a great way to harness more discipline for other areas of your life. Moving around for as little as 15 minutes has been shown to help people manage cigarette cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
4. You’ll boost brainpower. Physical exercise has the potential to increase levels of BDNF (brain-derived neurotropic factor), which is shown to help build healthier nerve cells.
5. You’ll catch better zzz’s. Resistance exercise can help reboot the internal body clock that controls your sleep cycle. And in case you needed extra motivation to keep sweating it out during the week: One study revealed that four months of consistent exercise helped chronic insomniacs sleep 45 minutes more per night.
What do you think? Join in the Conversation!