New to exercise? Here are some tips to help get you started:
- START LOW & SLOW. Begin working out 2 days a week, using light weights. Gradually work up to exercising several days a week.
- STRETCH. After your muscles are warm, holding stretches can increase flexibility and help prevent injuries.
- MIX IT UP. For best results, your body needs cardio, strength training, flexibility AND balance training. Overwhelmed? Try a class that incorporates them all!
- ASK FOR HELP. Not sure how much weight to lift, or how to use a certain machine? Ask! Your trainers are here to help you!
- KNOW WHEN TO TAKE A BREAK. If you’re feeling extremely sore, or becoming sick, you might need to skip the gym. Click here for more information.
More questions? Ask a trainer; we’re always here to help!