Fit Tip: When NOT To Workout
Monday Morning Fitness Tip:
AND WHEN NOT
LISTEN TO YOUR BODY.
1. If you have a FEVER, allow your body a day of rest so that your immune system can battle the infection without the stress of your workout.
2. If you have a COLD, light to moderate workouts are okay! Just remember to wipe off equipment after use so that you don’t spread your germs.
3. If you have the FLU, head to the sofa, not the gym. Allow your body time to recover.
4. If your MUSCLES ARE SORE, you can still come to the gym! Try a light-intensity workout such as walking intead of running. However, if the soreness is severe, take a break and rest for a day.
5. If you didn’t sleep well and you’re TIRED – get up and get moving! An AM workout may be just what you need for extra energy to get you through the day!
6. If you are PREGNANT, low-moderate impact workouts like aqua aerobics, walking, and yoga are usually okay. However, each pregnancy is different, so ask your doctor what is specifically safe for YOU.