Fit Tip: Low Impact Love!
Monday Morning Fit Tip:
GIVE LOW-IMPACT EXERCISES SOME LOVE!
Research suggests that low-impact activities are just as effective as high-impact exercises in lowering the risk of heart disease; while putting less stress on your joints! Try mixing one (or more) of these low-impact exercises into your workout schedule:
- Walking - to mix it up, take advantage of hills or weighted ankle wraps!
- Rowing Machine - this is an intense & fun way to workout your arms, back, legs and core!
- Helix Trainer - this new machine gives great results to the entire lower body – as well as being a wonderful cardio workout!
Strength Training - try squats, lunges or supermans! Need help? Try a class!
- Water Aerobics - the resistance of the water makes the workout feel far more intense, while the water cushions you from the impact!
- Pilates - improve your flexibility, posture, and abdominal strength while decreasing back, neck and joint pain!
- Elliptical - boost your heart rate (burn fat!) while working the upper and lower body at the same time.
- Yoga - develop your flexibility, strength, and balance then relax!
- TRX - TRX moves target different parts of your body while burning fat = an amazing total body workout for all levels! See club for class schedule.
Go low-impact and enjoy the amazing weather, too! Summer is great for kayaking, cycling, rock climbing, and swimming! Share your favorite low-impact exercise below!
aqua zumba http://flhfc.com/temp.htm
helix machine http://www.fbespa.com/blog/fitness/what-is-the-helix-lateral-trainer/
pilates rollup Fitness Magazine