6 Mistakes You Might Be Making in Boot Camp
Posted on June 23, 2014 at 6:30 am
Monday Morning Fit Tip:
AVOID THESE COMMON MISTAKES
No one expects you to be perfect during class, but the mistakes below could result in a less-effective workout or even injury:
- Not Paying Attention: As you push yourself, also stay aware of the instructor (giving safety cues) and other members (so you don’t accidentally kick them!)
- Rushing Through the Moves: 60 seconds is going to take 60 seconds, no matter how quickly you do those burpees! Focus on proper form first, then speed up the reps.
- Not Using Modifications: Only you know what feels right for your body today. Ask for options if you need them!
- Playing It Too Safe: Is it time for heavier weights or “bonus” moves? Challenge yourself!
- Not Eating Right: You need energy to jump high, lift heavy, and run fast. Be sure to eat right and hydrate!
- Skipping the Stretch: Your body needs to stretch for proper recovery!
adapted from Women’s Health